Vienna aims to be the most progressive European city with respect to open government by 2020.
Released in July 2014, Smart City Vienna is a comprehensive vision for the city of Vienna, Austria, in 2050.
Vienna is the capital of Austria and has a population of approximately 1.8million (2013).
The 2050 Smart Vienna vision includes
- Become the most progressive European city with respect to open government by 2020
- Be an innovation leader through cutting edge research, a strong economy and education
- Be one of Europes five biggest research and innovation hubs by 2020
- Drop per-capita greenhouse gas emissions 80% by 2050
- Become a model environmental city
Technology initiatives include:
- Vienna will have a comprehensive WLAN, within the next 3 years
- Pilot projects with ICT enterprises will serve as showcases for the city and its economy
- City of Vienna services to be more easily available particularly by mobile devices
- Develop the next 100 apps within three years
Read the Vienna Smart City Strategy.
Learn about Smart City Vienna initiatives.
Access the City of Vienna website.