Hybrid cloud strategies that encompasses public and private clouds as well as existing virtualized environments, are increasingly being implemented by organisations, according to new research.
Rightscale has released the results of it fourth annual State of the Cloud survey of the latest cloud computing trends, which found that hybrid cloud was the preferred cloud strategy, with 82 percent of organisations have a hybrid cloud strategy, up from 74 percent in 2014.
Conducted in January 2015, the survey questioned 930 IT professionals about their adoption of cloud infrastructure and related technologies.
Key findings include:
- 82 percent of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy
- 93 percent of organizations were running applications or experimenting with infrastructure-as-a-service
- Public clouds are used by more organizations while private cloud runs more workloads
- 68 percent of enterprises run less than a fifth of their application portfolios in the cloud
- 62 percent of enterprises report that central IT makes the majority of cloud spending decisions
- 43 percent of IT teams are offering a self-service portal for access to cloud services, with an additional 41 percent planning or developing a portal.
Access the 2015 State of the Cloud Report.