Cloud was ranked as having the greatest impact on driving business transformation in a recent survey of technology industry leaders.
Cloud services were being used to drive cost efficiencies (495), enable a better mobile workforce (42%), improving alignment with customers/suppliers (37%, and better leveraging data to provide business insights (35%).
Key findings of the report include:
- The public cloud market is estimated to reach $191 billion by 2020.
- Cloud will have a major role in delivering business services in the future and will continue to support business transformation and drive the evolution in business models.
- The impact of consumerisation, an ongoing trend no business can afford to ignore, is reflected in how organisations are approaching cloud adoptions.
The report offers five top tips for cloud transformations:
- Make cloud transformation a continuous process
- Drive cloud transformation from the top
- Focus on strong leadership and engagement
- Avoid silos
- Measure success
The report includes good metrics for preparing a cloud business case.
Read the report: Elevating business in the cloud.